- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 ½ cups quick oats
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Next, add the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, oats, salt, brown sugar, and white sugar) together in a large bowl. Stir well with a large spoon or spatula.
- Next, add in the wet ingredients (eggs, vanilla extract, and butter). Mix well with a hand mixer until everything is well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips with a large spoon or spatula.
- Form the dough into balls (about 2 ½ tablespoons) and place on parchment paper lined (not wax paper) or greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes at 350 degrees. Edges should be golden brown.
- Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 10 to 15 minutes after baking. The centers may look undone but they will finish baking on the sheet.
- These cookies are pretty big, let them finish baking on your cookie sheet for at least 10 to 15 minutes after you take them out of the oven. The centers may not look done when you take them out but remember, they will finish on the baking sheet.
- Be sure to mix the dry ingredients together first. This ensures that no one gets a big bite of baking soda or salt.
- Let your butter soften to room temperature but do not melt the butter or your cookies will spread.