- 2 cups baking mix (such as Bisquick®)
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup baking mix (such as Bisquick®)
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a deep 9-inch pie pan (see note below).
- Step 2: Combine baking mix, milk, sugar, egg, and cinnamon in bowl; mix well. Spread into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Step 3: Mix baking mix, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon together in a separate bowl using a fork or pastry blender until crumbly. Spread topping mix over cake batter; drag a butter knife across the top as if making a tic-tac-toe board several times.
- Step 4: Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
Notes: We don't like the cake to be as thick as is called for in the recipe. If the whole family is home and we want a lot, we double the recipe and put it in a 11x13 pan. But generally we can single it and use an 11x7 pan.