- Two Slices of Bread
- Cheese (cheddar, or Colby Jack, or whatever king you like)
- Spreadable Butter or Margarine
- Deli Sliced Ham (optional)
- Warm up a frying pan on medium to medium-high temperature. Alternatively, you can use an electric griddle at around 300 to 325 degrees.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread.
- Put one slice of bread, butter side down, on the frying pan or griddle.
- Add cheese (can be in slices or shredded cheese) to cover the bread.
- (Optional) Add a piece of deli sliced ham on top of the cheese.
- Put the second slice of bread on the sandwich with butter side up.
- When first side of bread is fried/toasted to a golden brown, flip the sandwich over with a spatula and cook the other side.
- That's it.